A gourmet buttermilk biscuit elevated with flavors of green onion, sharp cheddar and black pepper.
- Set an oven to 400°F. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Add cheddar and scallions. Stir until evenly distributed. Add first amount of butter and cut into flour mixture until pea-sized pieces of butter remain.
- Add buttermilk and water. Mix until a shaggy dough forms. Gently form dough into a ball. Do not over mix.
- On a dusted counter, roll dough out to 1 1/4" thickness. Cut into 3" rounds with a flour dusted cutter. Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake until golden brown and brush with melted butter.
Add 1 tablespoon of sautéed garlic to the melted butter for a more robust garlic flavor. Cut these biscuits smaller for bread service.