These cinnamon rolls are all grown up with the warmth of McCormick® Culinary Ground Cardamom and savory taste of pistachio and citrus orange glaze.
- Place milk and water in a small microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30-60 seconds, or until warm to the touch. Add yeast, stir to dissolve and set aside.
- Combine sugar, salt, melted butter and egg in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add 1 cup of the flour and mix on low until combined. Add yeast mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Add remaining flour and mix on low until dough has come together.
- Increase speed to medium and knead dough for 7 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise until dough has doubled in size.
Filling & Assembly
- While dough is rising, combine melted butter, sugar, spices and pistachios.
- Once dough has risen, punch down lightly and turn on to a floured surface.
- Roll out into a 15" x 9" rectangle.
- Spread the pistachio mixture evenly over the dough.
- Starting at one of the 15" sides, roll the dough on itself, pinching the edge in on the final side.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Butter a baking dish or half sheet tray and coat in sugar.
- Place cinnamon roll close together on the baking dish and let rise until they have doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake in a (preheated) 350F oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While buns are baking, combine orange juice, confectioner's sugar and cardamom in a small bowl. Pour over baked buns once they have cooled slightly.
- Serve warm or cooled.
- (Note: this recipe makes 12 servings)
Try this recipe as a traditional cinnamon bun or switch it up on your own!
- Recipe type: Breads
- Cuisine: North American
- Prep time: 30 minutes active/2 hours inactive
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 450
- Sodium: 220mg
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Protein: 7g