If you ever wanted to better your burger, we've got a bun that will delight your taste buds and keep your guests coming back for more!
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix on the stir setting for 2 minutes.
- Increase speed by 1 level and mix for 5 minutes.
- Increase speed an additional level and mix for another 5 minutes.
- Allow dough to rest in a warm place for 1 hour; dough should double in size.
- Divide into 3 ounce portions and roll into uniform balls.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet with space between each dough ball.
- In a small shallow bowl mix together Montreal Steak Seasoning and Panko.
- Spritz tops of each dough ball with water.
- Roll the top 2/3 of each ball in the Panko mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Proof buns in a 105F oven with 90% humidity for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a 375F (preheated) dry heat oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until buns are golden brown.
- (Note: this recipe makes 10 servings)
Top these buns with any McCormick seasoning, such as Lawry's Sante Fe Seasoning or Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt at the same ratio as the Montreal Steak Seasoning to create a variety of flavorful buns!
- Recipe type: Breads
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 20 minutes active/2 hours inactive
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 210
- Sodium: 410mg
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 7g