The elegant pairing of rosemary and olive oil make this loaf a new favorite in your bread basket!
- In a small bowl, combine water, sugar and yeast. Let stand 10 minutes, until frothy.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, flour, 1 teaspoon salt and yeast mixture.
- Mix on low, with the dough hook attachment.
- As the dough begins to come together, add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of rosemary.
- Continue mixing until dough forms.
- Increase speed to medium and knead dough for 8 minutes, until a smooth elastic ball forms.
- Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover.
- Let rise in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and form into a log.
- Place on parchment lined half sheet tray.
- Brush with remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with granulated garlic and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 Tablespoon rosemary.
- Use a pairing knife to slit the top of the dough as desired.
- Place in a proofing oven at 105F and 90% humidity for 45 minutes, or a warm environment uncovered util the loaf has doubled in size.
- Bake in a (preheated) 400F oven for 15-20 minutes, until the loaf is golden brown.
- Cool loaf on a wire rack when finished baking, before slicing.
- (Note: this recipe makes 12 servings)
Serve with some seasoned olive oil by adding 1 Tablespoon of Mediterranean Seasoned Sea Salt to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Recipe type: Breads
- Cuisine: European
- Prep time: 25 minutes active/1 hour 45 minutes inactive
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 130
- Sodium: 250mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 4g