Thick cut bacon candied in a sugary mixture of Cattlemen's® Cowboy Rub, sugar and Cattlemen's® Memphis Sweet BBQ Sauce.
- Preheat a convection oven to 350 ͦF. Combine sugar and rub.
- Lay bacon out on a wire rack over a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle bacon with sugar and rub and bake foe an additional 10 minutes.
- Combine BBQ sauce, vinegar and water. Brush over bacon and bake for 5 minutes. Turn bacon, brush the other side with BBQ sauce mixture and bake for 5 minutes until bacon is done and nicely caramelized.
A 15 slice batch may not take all the rub and sauce mixture. Apply as much as desired. Candied Bacon will not cook to the dry crispness we are accustomed to but the softer, sticky texture and flavor is extraordinary.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 to 35 minutes