Crispy fresh Chicken & Waffles with a trendy sweet-hot maple syrup infused with Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce.
Cholula Chipotle Maple Syrup
- In a bowl, combine syrup and Cholula. Whisk well and hold warm for service.
- Pound chicken portion into ¼" thick pieces and place in a hotel pan.
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk and Cholula. Whisk well to combine. Pour over chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- In another bowl, combine flour and Rotisserie Seasoning. Hold in hotel pan for service.
- Set fryer to 350°F and waffle iron with multiple small molds to medium-high.
- For each serving, fill 4 waffle molds with the appropriate amount of batter, close, turn and set timer.
- Remove 2 pieces of chicken and let excess buttermilk mixture drain off. Place chicken in seasoned flour. Squeeze the flour mixture into the chicken to create a thicker coating with ridges and bumps.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Plate 2 waffles and brush with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Top each with a piece of fried chicken and drizzle each with 1/2 tablespoon chipotle maple syrup.
- Serve sliders open-faced with top waffles alongside.
Chicken can be breaded ahead and just dusted with flour prior to frying to order.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch