A fresh breakfast tostada with topped with a flavorful salsa verde and a black bean & tomato relish with a chipotle kick.
Cholula Salsa Verde
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine tomatillos and onion. Add canola oil and toss to lightly coat. Spread on a parchment-lined sheet pan, sprinkle with vegetable seasoning, and roast until tender.
- Transfer ingredients to a blender and pulse with cilantro, Cholula®, lime juice, olive oil, and honey. Hold refrigerated for service.
Black Bean & Tomato Relish
- In a bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, scallions, juice, oil, and Cholula. Mix until evenly distributed. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl, combine crema and Cholula. Whisk until well mixed. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set fryer to 350°F. For each serving, fry 1 tortilla until crispy. Cook an egg as requested.
- Plate the cripsy tortilla and top with egg, 1/3 cup salsa verde, 1/3 cup cheese and melt under cheese melter.
- Top cheese with 1/4 cup bean relish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon crema. Garnish as desired and serve.
These ingredients can be built as breakfast nachos over tortilla chips or wrapped up in a flour tortilla for a breakfast burrito.
The fresh cilantro salsa verde should be made fresh on the day of use.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch