Start your day with a homemade hash, overflowing with hearty, flavorful ingredients like tomato, zucchini, chickpeas and bacon. Flavored with Skhug Hot Sauce for a Middle Eastern-inspired heat, it’ll fill you up to power through the morning. Garnish with crumbled bacon, feta cheese and hot sauce.
- Cook bacon in large skillet on medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Add onion to skillet with bacon drippings; cook and stir on medium heat about 5 minutes or until softened. Add chickpeas and spices; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato sauce and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in zucchini; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in cherry tomatoes, the skhug sauce and the crumbled bacon, except for the 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish; simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon breakfast hash into serving bowls. Top with reserved crumbled bacon and crumbled feta cheese, if desired. Serve with additional Skhug Hot Sauce, if desired.
Visit http://mccormickforchefs.com/Recipes/S/Skhug-Sauce for the Skhug Hot Sauce recipe.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: Israeli
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 270
- Sodium: 960 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Protein: 10 g