We gave "flapjacks" a facelift! Wait until your guests get a taste of the tantalizing tastes of your zucchini pancakes! Freshly grilled to crisp perfection, then served with a refreshing lemony sour cream dollop of deliciousness, for mouth-munching flavor magic!
For the Zucchini Pancakes:
- Shred zucchini on large shredder. Toss with salt and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse and drain shredded zucchini. Wrap zucchini in cheese cloth and wring out as much of the liquid as you can.
- Sprinkle flour, parmesan 3 Tablespoons Grill Mates Vegetable seasoning over zucchini. Beat eggs and fold them into the mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a medium-hot grill or sauté pan lightly coated with 2 teaspoons of oil, place 5 level #24 scoops on zucchini mixture on hot surface and flatten to 3/8 inch with a grill spatula. Cook on both sides for about 3 minutes each until golden brown on each side and fully cooked.
For the Lemony Dollops:
- Hydrate 1 1/2 teaspoons of Grill Mates Vegetable Seasoning in lemon juice. Mix with sour cream. Hold refrigerated to garnish pancakes.
For Plating and Serving:
- Plate 5 mini zucchini pancakes to order and garnish each with 3/4 teaspoons of sour cream sauce. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 6 servings of 5 pancakes each.
Fresh zucchini is high in water content. When salted and wrung out sufficiently, it will loose about 35% to 40% by weight. These pancakes are delicate and will be eaten with a fork.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: North American
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes | 30 mins prep & 10 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 320
- Sodium: 1500 mg
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Protein: 15 g