This shawarma wrap is a flavorful take on a popular street food served in the Middle East and Europe. It features sliced marinated chicken, creamy tahini yogurt, and a cucumber radish relish with our sensational Shawarma Spice Blend from our annual Flavor Forecast report.
For Shawarma Marinade:
- Mix first 5 ingredients (oil, vinegar, lemon juice, spice blend, salt) in small bowl. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 1 hour or longer for extra flavor.
For Tahini Yogurt:
- Mix ingredients 7-10 (yogurt, tahini, lemon peel, salt) in small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Cucumber Radish Relish:
- Mix ingredients 11-16 (oil, lemon juice, mint, sea salt, garlic powder, pepper) in large bowl. Add cucumber, radishes and green onion; toss to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Chicken:
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Place chicken on foil-lined baking pan.
- Roast chicken in preheated 450°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let chicken rest then slice chicken into thin slices.
For Serving & Garnish:
- Serve on pita with lettuce, chopped mint, tahini yogurt and cucumber radish relish.
Labneh is a Middle Eastern fresh cheese that is made from strained yogurt. It is served as a dip or spread for pita or other bread at any meal. Find it in the dairy or specialty cheese section of some supermarkets, gourmet cheese stores or Middle Eastern markets. If prepared labneh is unavailable, make your own. Line a strainer with a few layers of cheesecloth or muslin. Place strainer in a deep bowl. Mix 2 cups plain Greek-style or regular full-fat yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon into lined strainer. Fold up ends of cheesecloth. Let stand in refrigerator 12 to 18 hours. Spoon drained yogurt into small bowl, discarding liquid. Add 2 tablespoons sour cream. Continue as directed in recipe.
Find our fabulous, flavor-filled recipe for our Shawarma Spice Blend on http://www.mccormickforchefs.com and other amazing recipes from our Flavor Forecast reports.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 443 cal
- Sodium: 965 mg
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 30 g