Beef short ribs are sous vide and seared and topped with caramelized onion jam and Havarti cheese…
Cowboy Short Rib
- Set immersion circulator to 155°F in a water bath. Rub short rib on all sides with Cowboy Rub. Place in vacuum seal bag, or heat safe resealable plastic bag. Vacuum seal, or if using a resealable bag place in water to remove all air before sealing.
- Place bagged short rib in water bath and cook for 24 hours. Remove from water bath and shock in ice bath to cool. Cool completely before removing from bag.
- Once removed from bag, discard excess liquid. Slice as desired. Hold refrigerated until service.
- In a sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until translucent.
- Add Memphis Sweet BBQ Sauce and cook, stirring, until caramelized. Cook completely and hold refrigerated until service.
- Set panini press to medium high. For each serving, butter sub roll liberally with 2 tablespoons softened butter on both the outside and the cut edge of the roll.
- On the heel of the roll place 4 ounces of sliced short rib, 1/4 cup of onion jam, and 1/3 cup of shredded Havarti. Top with crown of the roll.
- Cook in panini press until golden brown and cheese is fully melted. Cool slightly before cutting. Serve hot.
This seasoning is very versatile and can be used to season a variety of proteins to build an amazing version of this sandwich.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches