Delicious and crave-able, this classic Cuban sandwich build is rounded out with a tasty dijonnaise!
- In a bowl combine vinegar, honey, first amount of oil, garlic, salt, Italian Seasoning, fennel seed, and crushed red pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom rondeau, heat second amount of oil over high heat. Sear pork on all sides. Add vinegar mixture and water. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook until very tender, about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Remove from heat.
- Remove pork from pan. Simmer remaining liquid uncovered until reduced by a third. Shred pork and add to reduced liquid. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise and Dijon. Whisk until blended. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set panini press to medium heat. For each serving, Butter both the inside and outside of 1 roll. Spread 2 tablespoons on both the crown and heel of the roll. Place 3 slices ham on heel of roll. Top with 1/2 cup roasted pork and 2 pickle slices. Finish with 2 slices of swiss cheese and top with crown of roll.
- Place sandwich in panini press and grill until cheese is melted and roll is crisp. Cool slightly before cutting. Serve warm.
Don’t have a panini press? Use a griddle with a hot steak weight to create the same effect.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches