Experience the enticing heat and spice of Indian cuisine matched with this grilled chicken wrap drizzled with a honey-sweetened yogurt sauce to cool the taste buds.
This recipe was developed for the Flavor Forecast: Looking Back to Look Forward.
Kashmiri Masala Spice Blend
- In a dry sauté pan over medium heat add cumin, black peppercorns, bay leaves, cinnamon, fennel seed, cardamom, mace, and cloves. Heat until fragrant. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place toasted spices in a spice grinder along with nutmeg. Grind into fine powder. Store in an airtight container.
Honeyed Yogurt Sauce
- In a bowl combine yogurt, honey, lemon zest, dill, and salt. Mix well and hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, Kashmiri Spice Blend, and salt. Whisk until well blended. Add chicken things and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Remove from marinade and discard excess. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to medium high. For each serving, grill off 4 oz of marinated chicken thighs until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from grill and allow to rest before slicing.
- Lightly grill 1 piece of naan. Place sliced chicken in center of naan. Top with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons each radishes and red onion. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons honeyed yogurt sauce. Wrap naan around filling and secure with a pick. Serve warm or chilled.
This wrap eats well cold and is perfect for revitalizing to-go menus.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches