Flan fans anyone? Your guests will be raving over your new favorite dessert.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Ina 4" full hotel pan add 1" of water and place in oven.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat coconut milk and 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar to a simmer and gently reduce by 1/3. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Grease and sugar 12-2" ramekins. Set aside.
- In a small skillet add remaining 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Bring mixture to a boil, gently swirling to prevent burning. Once sugar has dissolved, pour equal amounts of caramel into each ramekin.
- Whisk eggs together. Slowly pour in cooled coconut milk mixture a little at a time to ensure eggs do not cook. Then whisk in the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over caramel in the ramekins. Carefully place the custard filled ramekins in the water bath in the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Once the custard is set, remove the ramekins from the water bath and refrigerate until cool. Run a knife around the outside edge of the custard. Place a plate over the top of the ramekin and flip over so the caramel oozes over the flan onto the plate.
- Garnish the top with toasted coconut.
This recipe makes 12 servings.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: European
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 250
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Protein: 4 g