A perfect matcha for your dessert-loving diners, Festive Matcha and Chia Parfait is a menu must-have. With a mix of almond milk, chia and McCormick Culinary® Pure Vanilla Extract, this Pink Peppercorn-adorned parfait is topped with garnishes of compressed cantaloupe, berries and pumpkin seed brittle.
For the Festive Matcha and Chia Parfait:
- In a large bowl, mix the chia, almond milk and vanilla extract. Puree together.
- In another small bowl, blend together the agave and matcha powder, until there are no visible lumps. Combine this matcha mixture into the chia pudding base.
- Refrigerate for later use.
For the Pink Peppercorn Syrup:
- In a saucepan, bring water to simmer. Then add agave and sugar and stir until dissolved. Add pink peppercorns and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before use.
For the Pink Peppercorn and Lime Compressed Cantaloupe:
- Bring all pink peppercorn and lime compressed cantaloupe ingredients to a simmer over medium heat in a heavy bottomed sauce pot. Allow this mixture to simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and strain if desired.
- Fold down the top of a medium vacuum pack bag to create a 1” lip. Place the cantaloupe into the bag and pour in lime juice, pink peppercorn syrup and salt. Vacuum seal the bag on the highest setting.
- Place vacuum sealed bag in the fridge, and allow to set for 3 hours. When ready to serve, open the bag and strain.
Pink Peppercorn and Pumpkin Seed Brittle:
- Spray a parchment lined cookie sheet with canola oil.
- In a heavy bottomed stainless steel pot, heat the sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat until all of the sugar has dissolved. Continue to heat the caramel for 4 minutes. Stir in pumpkin seeds and butter. Continue to cook for another 4 minutes. Stir in the pink peppercorns, nutmeg and baking soda.
- As the mixture begins to froth, pour out the brittle onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread out the mixture with a heat-resistant rubber spatula.
- Allow to cool. Then break up in a heavy duty sealed bag with a rolling pin. Store for later use.
- Divide the Festive Matcha and Chia Parfait into 4 serving dishes.
- Top with compressed cantaloupe, berries, pink peppercorns and pumpkin seed brittle.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: Contemporary American