In this creative twist on the classic snickerdoodle, cinnamon-spiced cookie dough forms the base for one-bite treats filled with espresso spiked caramel and topped with coconut milk whipped cream.
For the Crusts:
- Mix flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, cream of tartar, and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat 3/4 cup sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Press 2 teaspoons of the cookie dough firmly into bottom of each cup. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack 1 minute. While still warm, use measuring teaspoon to create a well in the middle of each cookie crust. Cool completely.
For the Filling:
- Microwave 1/4 cup coconut milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or until boiling. Stir in espresso powder. Add caramels and salt. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until caramels are melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Carefully stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool slightly. Pour or pipe into wells in each cookie crust. Cool completely.
For the Whipped Cream:
- Mix 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside. Beat cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until medium peaks form. Gradually pour in coconut milk mixture, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Garnish desserts with whipped cream and toffee crunch pieces.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 30 minutes/ 1 hour refrigeration
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 285 cal
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Protein: 3 g