Everything’s bigger in Texas and the taste of Broken Barrel’s Executive Chef and Owner Hilda Ysusi’s Spiced Dark Chocolate Lava Cake is no exception! Made with a tasty combination of bittersweet chocolate, Zatarain’s® Liquid Shrimp and Crab Boil and McCormick Culinary® Ground Cinnamon, this recipe is topped with luxardo cherries and can be baked in only 10 minutes!
For the Spiced Dark Chocolate Lava Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Spray four 6 oz cast iron skillets with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Prepare a double boiler, melt the butter and the chocolate together.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and salt until thickened and pale. Fold in the chocolate and butter mixture and shrimp and crab boil until smooth. When the mix is homogeneous, add the flour.
- Portion the batter into the skillets, and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon with the mascarpone.
- Plate the cakes and top with a dollop of the mascarpone mix and 3 luxardo cherries.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: America