This recipe is a new take on steak and potatoes. The steak is marinated in the sweet and smoky Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, and the potatoes are mashed with cauliflower and mixed with the seasoning.
For the Brown Sugar Bourbon Steak
- Trim any excess fat from meat and pat dry. Brush oil on each side of the steak and evenly spread 1 tablespoon seasoning.
- Place seasoned steak into a plastic bag and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the steak from the bag, and grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and serve.
For the Potato & Cauliflower Mash
- Wash potatoes and trim cauliflower.
- Place potatoes in a pot with cold water and bring to a simmer, cook until fork tender.
- In separate pot, add lemon juice to simmering water and cook cauliflower until tender.
- Drain potatoes and cauliflower; add both to mixer with paddle attachment. Add in seasoning and butter, and mix until the potatoes are just smashed, not completely smooth.
- Serve immediately or hold hot until service.
The potatoes and cauliflower can also be cooked in a steamer, if making a high volume kitchen.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 340 cal
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 36 g