Southwestern skirt steak taco bowl with the flavorful earthy notes of Cattlemen's® Cowboy Rub and the acidity of charred tomatillo salsa balanced with Memphis Sweet BBQ Sauce.
- Set grill to high. Heat oil in a small sauté pan and sauté chilies, onion, and garlic until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush tomatillos with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on all sides until slightly charred and soft.
- Transfer tomatillo and serrano mixture to a food processor. Add lime juice, salt, and pepper and process until smooth. Add cilantro and pulse to incorporate. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to high. For each serving, brush 1 portion steak with 2 teaspoons oil and rub with 1 teaspoon Cowboy Rub on both sides. Grill steak until cross-hatched and slightly charred on both sides and has reach desired temperature. Let rest 5 minutes then slice against the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- While steak is grilling, grill 1/4 each pepper and onion on all sides until soft. Remove from grill and slice.
- Place steak, grilled peppers and onions, 1/2 cup rice, and 1/4 sliced avocado next to each other on desired plate. Drizzle steak with 1 tablespoon Memphis BBQ Sauce. Serve hot alongside 3 warmed tortillas and 2 ounces Tomatillo Salsa.
This dish could become a burrito or also be served in taco shells.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America