The warming spices in McCormick® Culinary Moroccan Seasoning balance the tart green olives and pop of citrusy preserved lemons in this rich Chicken Tagine stew. This recipe features our new Global Blends Moroccan Seasoning.
- In a bowl combine first amount of olive oil, Moroccan Seasoning, and salt to create a paste. Rub chicken thighs with paste, cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- In a rondeau, heat remaining amount of olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken thighs on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions and cinnamon stick to the pot and sauté until onions are translucent and cinnamon is fragrant. Add potatoes and carrots. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes.
- Place chicken thighs on top of vegetables and cover with chicken broth, olives, preserved lemon, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from stew.
- Continue to simmer stew until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat. Return chicken thighs to stew. Hold warm for service or cool completely, cover, and refrigerate until service.
- For each serving, gently reheat stew. Portion 8 ounces of stew in desired serving dish. Top with one stewed thigh. Garnish as desired.
Serve over rice or couscous for a more filling meal. This dish is great for a buffet.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Moroccan