Served in a bowl of sun-dried tomato risotto topped with McCormick Culinary® Dill Weed-seasoned carrots, Chef Douglas Wall’s Cinnamon Crusted Salmon seafood entrée will have diners swimming through your doors, just in time for the busy holiday season. Treat their tastebuds to these seasoned filets, spiced with McCormick Culinary® Zesty Pepper Seasoning Blend, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper.
For the Cinnamon Crusted Salmon:
- Season salmon filets with zesty pepper, cinnamon, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Melt butter in sauté pan, sear salmon, and cook to medium rare-medium.
For the Heirloom Carrots:
- Slice carrots in half, toss in oil and dill, roast in oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
For the Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto:
- In a small saucepan, simmer the tomatoes in the water for 1 minute. Then drain and chop.
- In a saucepan, melt the unsalted butter and add shallots and garlic. Sauté until translucent. Add the rice, stirring until each grain is coated with butter, and mix in the tomatoes. Add 1/2 c. chicken stock and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Until the rice is tender, continue adding the liquid, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each portion be absorbed before adding the next. Add cream, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, place the sun-dried tomato risotto and top with heirloom carrots and cinnamon crusted salmon.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: North American