A satisfying and flavor forward recipe for a guilt-less mac and cheese.
- 15 cups (5 pounds) Whole Grain Elbow Pasta
- 5 cups (16 1/2 ounces) Instant Non-fat Dry Milk
- 5 cups (1 1/4 quarts) Evaporated Milk, low-fat, 2%
- 10 cups (2 1/2 quarts) Vegetable Stock, unsalted
- 10 tbsps McCormick Culinary ® Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 5 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Paprika
- 5 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Mustard, Ground
- 15 cups (3 3/4 pounds) Cheddar Cheese , sharp, low-fat, shredded
- 5 cups (1 1/2 pounds) Mozzerella, low moisture, skim, shredded
- 2/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) Cornstarch
- 10 cups (3 pounds) Chicken (USDA Commodity), oven-roasted, diced
- 5 cups (1 3/4 pounds) Carrot, small diced
- 3 3/4 cups (1 1/4 pounds) Onion, small diced
- 3 3/4 cups (1 pound) Celery, small diced
- Set oven to 350°F. Cook macaroni until al dente, then drain. Do not rinse. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together instant dry milk, vegetable stock, evaporated milk and seasonings until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl toss Cheddar cheese, Mozzarella cheese and cornstarch until evenly coated.
- In a bus tub combine cooked pasta, liquid mixture, cheeses and remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Divide mac and cheese into two 2-inch full hotel pans and one 2-inch half hotel pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered. Stir and bake for an additional 30 minutes, uncovered. Hold hot for service.
- To portion, cut each full pan 4x5 and half pan 2x5. Each portion should be about 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 393 Calories, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3.8g, Cholesterol 39mg, Sodium 645mg, Carbohydrates 47g, Fiber 5g, Total Sugars 9g, Protein 31g
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 393
- Sodium: 645
- Carbohydrates: 47
- Protein: 31
- Fiber: 5