Tequila Chipotle BBQ glazed, grilled jumbo shrimp served over rustic polenta with melted cheddar Jack cheese and roasted green chilies.
Tequila Chipotle BBQ Glaze
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat add tequila. Cook until alcohol has burned off and liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add chipotle BBQ sauce and agave. Heat through and hold warm for service.
Green Chili Polenta
- Set oven to 300°F. In a sauce pan over medium heat add milk and water and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook, stirring until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, cover, and bake until creamy, roughly 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fold in cheddar jack cheese, scallions, green chilis, chili lime rub, and black pepper. Hold hot for service.
- In a bowl toss together shrimp, oil, and smoked paprika. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to medium high. For each serving, grill 6 ounces seasoned shrimp on each side, basting with glaze, until an internal temperature of 150°F is reached.
- To plate, place a cup of prepared polenta on desired plate. Top with grilled shrimp and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of glaze. Garnish with scallions and a lime wedge.
These shrimp could be skewered ahead of time for ease of grilling.
This glaze can be used on chicken, beef or any hardy fish or seafood.