Give your guests’ taste buds a free trip to Mexico with our latest recipe from The Culinary Network’s Nick Spinelli Jr. Garnished with fresh sage leaves and elevated by the bold flavours of McCormick Culinary® Rosemary Leaves, McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning and Lawrys® Mango Habanero Wings Seasoning Mix (not just for wings anymore!), this de-boned roast will have even your back of house drooling as it sizzles on the rotisserie, shining in a smooth olive oil coat.
For the Mexican Pit Roasted Pork Shoulder:
- De-bone pork roast. Place cuts into the roast to allow it to completely lay open and flat.
- Season the interior roast meat evenly with Lawrys® Mango Habanero Wings Seasoning Mix.
- Roll the roast closed. Tie the three pieces of twine around roast (one at each end one in the middle).
- Insert rotisserie skewer through the center of the roast.
- Use olive oil to evenly coat the exterior of the roast.
- Season the exterior of the roast evenly with McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, McCormick Culinary® Rosemary Leaves and lemon thyme.
- Cook roast on a rotisserie 325 degrees F for approximately 3 ½ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. Additional flavor can be added by placing fresh sage in the grill to smoke the meat.
For the New Mexican Chilies & Cooked Apple Jelly:
- Mix the puree of the chilies with mustard. Blend together well. Set aside for plating.
- In a sauce pot, add the apple jelly and the McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning. Heat the mixture together, whisking for even blending until the jelly has dissolved.
For Plating, Garnish and Serving:
- Allow roast to set 15 minutes before slicing into portion sizes.
- Using a basting brush, paint an exterior ½ circle of the cooked apple jelly on plate.
- Using a basting brush, paint an interior circle of mustard to match the length of the apple jelly.
- Place serving portion of meat on the empty side of the plate.
- Garnish with miniature sage leaves.
This recipe makes 24 a la carte entree servings.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Mexican