A fragrant, aromatic meal, these lamb shanks are seasoned with authentic Moroccan spices and slow cooked in the oven until fall-off-the-bone tender. This recipe features our new Global Blends Moroccan Seasoning.
- Set oven to 325°F. Mix flour and first amount of Moroccan seasoning in shallow dish. Coat lamb shanks evenly in mixture. Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a rondeau over medium-high heat. Sear lamb shanks on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add carrots, fennel, onion, garlic and salt. Cook and stir until lightly browned. Dust with reserved flour mixture and stir to coat. Add red wine and stir, loosening browned bits on bottom of pan. Mix in tomatoes, beef broth and second amount of Moroccan seasoning. Bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat.
- Transfer to preheated oven and braise until lamb shanks and vegetables are tender, about 2 hours. Remove from oven and hold warm for service or cool completely, cover and refrigerate until service.
- For each serving, gently reheat shanks in braise. Plate 1 cup warm couscous onto desired plate. Top with one lamb shank. Pour 6 ounces of braise with vegetables overtop shank. Garnish as desired.
Lamb can be pulled and used for sandwiches or even as a component in omelets!
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Moroccan