New Orleans style pan BBQ sauce delivers the authentic flavors of NOLA with our expertly blended condiments used as ingredients for the flavorful and indulgent NOLA Pan BBQ Shrimp.
For the Pan BBQ Sauce:
- Combine BBQ, Frank's and Creole Mustard. Mix well and set aside.
- Mince scallion sand keep whites and greens separate. Set aside.
- Cook bacon. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of drippings for use later in the recipe. Chop the bacon and reserve for garnish.
- Heat butter and reserved bacon drippings in a large saute pan. Add minced scallion whites and garlic. Saute until translucent.
For the Pan Shrimp and to finish the NOLA BBQ Sauce:
- Toss Shrimp in Cajun Seasoning.
- Saute shrimp with scallions and garlic for just 1 minute on each side.
- Add cream, the BBQ-Frank's-Creole Mustard mixture and heat through.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Plate 1 cup of rice and top with about 1/2 cup of sauce and shrimp.
- Garnish each serving with shredded cheese, reserved chopped bacon and scallion greens.
Be certain to add the cream and sauce mixture to the sauteing shrimp before it is fully cooked. Let the shrimp continue to cook in the liquid to absorb and meld flavor. To use this recipe on buffets or for catering, consider replacing some of the shrimp with flaky white fish or Redfish.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 50
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Protein: 2 g