Whether your diners are on a seafood diet, or a see-food diet, they’ll love to reel in this latest tuna special by San Diego Chef Daniel Barron. With Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning to keep customers salivating all season long, this dish’s savory un-plain tomato salad features spicy grilled zucchini drizzled in fresh canola oil, lightly charred romaine drizzled in pepper, salt and olive oil plus radishes and zesty lemon juice. Plate it all together and finish with your pre-prepared ponzo and shaved walnuts for a swimmingly good photo finish.
- In a bowl whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and water until well mixed.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking until fully incorporated. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl toss together tomatoes, radishes, salt, and pepper. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to high. For each serving, season 1 portion of tuna with 1 teaspoon of Smokehouse Maple Seasoning. Grill to desired doneness. Allow to rest, then slice.
- While tuna is grilling, drizzle 2-3 planks of zucchini and 1 quarter romaine with olive oil. Toss to coat. Season with 1 teaspoon Smokehouse Maple Seasoning. Grill zucchini until tender and romaine until lightly charred.
- Roughly chop charred romaine and toss with 1/2 cup Tomato Salad and 1/4 cup Maple Ponzu.
- Plate grilled zucchini planks and top with sliced tuna. Top with tomato and romaine salad and garnish with 1 teaspoon shaved walnuts. Serve warm.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America