Whether your diners are on a seafood diet, or a see-food diet, they’ll love to reel in this latest tuna special by San Diego Chef Daniel Barron. With Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning to keep customers salivating all season long, this dish’s savory un-plain tomato salad features spicy grilled zucchini drizzled in fresh canola oil, lightly charred romaine drizzled in pepper, salt and olive oil plus radishes and zesty lemon juice. Plate it all together and finish with your pre-prepared ponzo and shaved walnuts for a swimmingly good photo finish.
For the Grilled Vegetables:
- Season the zucchini with a generous amount of Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple and black pepper. Drizzle with Canola Oil, and place on a very hot grill. Cook until tender.
For the Tomato Salad:
- Drizzle romaine with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on hot grill and lightly char and dice.
- Mix ingredients for Maple Ponzu.
- In a small bowl, place tomatoes, radishes, and Maple Ponzu. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then set aside for the top of the tuna.
For the Tuna:
- Place tuna on grill and sear to desired temperature.
- Place grilled zucchini, seared tuna on top of grilled romaine and dress with ponzo tomatoes and radishes. Garnish with shaved walnuts.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America