Curry up, Chef! Don’t miss the Fall window for this hot take on a comfort food classic. Enhanced by the always aromatic blend that is Thai Kitchen’s Green Curry, this cheddar and Monterey-melted mac & cheese is sprinkled with a tasty chickpea crumb finish and always well-worth the warm, cozy food coma.
For the Green Curry Mac and Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Blot chickpeas with a paper towel. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, garlic, cilantro basil and season to taste.
- Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Blitz in food processor until the chickpeas resemble panko breading.
- Bring water (4 L) to a boil in a large pot. Salt generously, and then add the pasta and cook for 7 minutes. Drain.
- In another large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and continue whisking until it deepens in color and releases a light toasted aroma, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste, and when fully combined, pour in the milk and cream.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, and then turn down to a simmer. Simmer until the mixture thickens, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Off heat, whisk in the cheeses and stir until melted. Add the pasta and toss to combine. Add McCormick Culinary Sea Salt, Mediterranean Fine Grind and McCormick Culinary Black Pepper, Ground to taste.
- Turn the oven to broil. Pour the mac 'n' cheese into a broiler-safe casserole dish, sprinkle with the chickpea crumb mixture, and broil until browned, about 1 minute.
For the Plating and Serving:
- Portion the Green Curry Mac & Cheese and plate for serving.
- Recipe type: Pasta and Rice
- Cuisine: North American