A flatbread with a sweet ginger fig sauce topped with duck confit, shiitake mushrooms, and manchengo cheese.
Ginger Fig Sauce
- In a sauce pan combine figs, sherry and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for a few minutes until figs are soft. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender, add Frank's RedHot Rajili Sauce and blend to puree. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set oven to 400˚F. For each serving, spread flatbread with 1/4 cup sauce, leaving a 1/2“ border along the edges.
- Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Manchego cheese, 1 1/2 ounces duck, 1/4 cup mushrooms and 8 cherry wedges.
- Bake until cheese is melted and flatbread is crisp.
- Cut as desired, garnish with 1 teaspoon scallions and 1/8 teaspoons sesame seeds and serve.
A shortcut to making confit is to roast hindquarters of duck for a few hours at 250°F until fully cooked to 165°F. Remove meat and skin from the bone. Reserve the duck fat and render additional fat from the skin. Pull duck meat, season with salt and pepper and pour hot fat over pulled leg meat. Allow meat to sit for an hour then drain and refrigerate for use.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread