Mama Mia! This classic Italian dish has a new look and taste, on personal size pizzas topped with the delicious and infamous chicken carbonara!
For the Carbonara Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add granulated garlic and cook until fragrant. Add flour, pepper, and salt. Cook until flour is slightly brown. Temper in heavy cream. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese until melted.
For the Toppings:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine chicken with the Mediterranean Blend and 1 tsp oil. Place on parchment lined baking tray and bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Allow to rest, then dice into 1/2" cubes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, saute bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, leaving fat in the pan. Place on a paper towel to drain. Replace skillet over medium heat and cook spinach until just wilted. Remove from pan.
For the PIzza Crust:
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Cover the reverse side of a half sheet tray with Olive Oil. Stretch pizza dough ball out to desired size. Slide dough off of sheet tray and on to grill, so that the oiled side is on the grill. Brush face up side of dough with additional oil. Grill until dough has grill marks and is beginning to crisp. Flip using tongs and a spatula. (Repeat 3 more times if making all 4 personal pizzas.)
For the Build:
- Spread 1/4 cup of carbonara sauce over the pizza crust. Top with 1/4 of cooked chicken, bacon, and spinach. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Cooked until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Heat a small amount of oil until shimmering. Add one egg (for each personal pizza) and fry to sunny side up, or desired doneness.
- Remove pizza from grill and top with fried egg. Freshly grind McCormick Culinary Whole Black Peppercorns over entire pizza. Serve immediately.
Looking for extra crunch? Try our grilled chicken carbonara pizza using our whole grain pizza dough.
This recipe makes four personal size pizzas.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread
- Cuisine: Italian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 1560
- Sodium: 2470 mg
- Carbohydrates: 112 g
- Protein: 69 g