Curry up, you don't want to miss a slice of this! Our Indian inspired flatbread has it all: an aromatic, spicy tomato base, vibrant and flavorful veggies, mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of currried yogurt sauce.
- Set oven to Broil. Place tomatoes skin side up on a lined sheet tray and broil until skins are charred and begins to separate. Place tomatoes in a food processor, cover, and process until pureed.
- Mix tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and bay leaves in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and crushed red pepper. Cook until Mustard Seeds begin to pop, shaking pan frequently. Add to tomato mixture. Simmer tomato mixture until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a small about until well mixed. Transfer to a squirt bottle and set aside.
- Preheat Grill to medium high. In a large bowl combine vegetables. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Toss until well coated. Grill until vegetables begin to char. Place on cutting board and cut pepper planks into strips and thinly slice grilled onions. Cut broccoli into smaller bites if desired.
- Lightly oil the top side on the naan/flatbread and place oiled-side down on grill. Oil the face up side of the naan/flatbread. Grill until marks being to form then flip the naan/flatbread. Spread 2 Tbsp tomato sauce over the grilled naan. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese and top with grilled veggies. Cook until cheese has melted or to desired doneness.
- Drizzle with curried yogurt and serve immediately.
To speed cook time, once you had put on the sauce, veggies and cheese, cover flatbread with a large metal bowl. Once cheese has melted, remove from grill, then drizzle with curried yogurt and serve!
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread
- Cuisine: Indian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 510
- Sodium: 1520 mg
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Protein: 21 g