A spicy and aromatic blend of Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce and caramelized onions is the base for this loaded Mexican inspired pizza.
Cayenne Caramelized Onion Sauce
- In a heavy bottom pot over medium heat melt butter and bacon drippings. Add onions and saute until caramelized.
- Add cumin, ancho and Frank's RedHot® Original sauce. Puree in a blender. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set oven to 400˚F. For each serving spread crust with 1/2 cup Caramelized Onion Cayenne Sauce, leaving a 1/2“ border along the edges.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups cheese, 1/3 cup pork, 1/4 cup chorizo, 2 tablespoons bacon, 2 tablespoons each corn and green pepper, and 1 tablespoon onion.
- Bake until cheese is melted and crust is crisp.
- Cut into wedges, garnish with 1/2 teaspoon cilantro and serve hot.
For more authentic Hispanic flavors use diced poblano pepper in place of green peppers.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread