This dish is traditionally made with pomelo, which looks like an oversized green grapefruit. If you are lucky enough to find it in your grocery store or in an Asian market, use it in place of grapefruit. Pomelo is sweeter than grapefruit with a delicious citrus scent.
- Peel grapefruit or pomelo and remove the bitter white pith. Separate the segments, and use a knife and fingers to remove the membranes. Cut fruit into chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each plate and serve the salad over top immediately.
Adjust the level of coolness and fresh zest by adding or subtracting mint and cilantro to your liking.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 170
- Sodium: 730 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 17 g