Bright and fresh, this wrap packs in flavor. By using the McCormick® Culinary Moroccan Seasoning, the flavors of the Middle East are able to come through with ease. This recipe features our new Global Blends Moroccan Seasoning.
Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- Combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, mint, garlic, Moroccan Seasoning, and salt in a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- Mix lamb, Moroccan Seasoning, mint, red onion, and garlic until well combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld together.
- Form lamb mixture into twelve 2-ounce oval shaped patties.
- Combine cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, and chili powder in a bowl until well-dressed. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- Set grill to medium high. For each serving, grill 3 kofta until well marked on both sides and an internal temperature of 155°F is reached.
- Warm one half pita pocket on grill.
- Spread 1/4 cup of sauce inside of the warmed pocket half. Place 3 grilled koftas inside each wrap and top with 1/3 cup of vegetables. Serve warm with a side of fries.
This can be transformed into a delicious shareable appetizer by serving the kofta and tahini yogurt sauce together on their own.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: Moroccan