Seasoned with McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt Mediterranean Fine Grind and McCormick Culinary® Black Pepper, Ground, this monchong feature is seared on both sides and served with a tossed salad of snow peas, cilantro blossoms, concentrated kombu broth and a touch of tangerine juice. A San Diego inspired & approved "go to menu item" for seasonal tastes!
For the Curry Chutney:
- Place onion, mango, green curry paste, and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Set aside.
For the Salad:
- Whisk together tangerine juice, kombu broth, soy sauce, mustard and olive oil until emulsified.
- Toss with jiacama, tomatoes, and snow peas. Set aside.
For the Seared Monchong:
- Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sear evenly on all sides.
- Let rest (before plating instructions below).
For Plating & Garnish:
- Spread chutney on plate.
- Place salad and portion of monchong overtop of the chutney.
- Garnish with cilantro blossoms.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: America