A unique take on classic chicken salad, Za'atar takes this dish to the next level. The addition of chickpeas, cucumber, and red grapes makes this a wrap to remember. A unique take on chicken salad, the addition of chickpeas, cucumber, red grapes and Za'atar take this salad wrap to the next level. This recipe features our new Global Blends Za’atar Seasoning.
- Set oven to 350°F. In a bowl, rub chicken with olive oil and Za'atar. Place on parchment lined sheet tray and roast until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Shred chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, tahini, Za'atar, lemon juice, zest, and salt until well combined.
- Add shredded chicken, cucumber, grapes, chickpeas, red onion, and almonds. Mix until all ingredients are coated with dressing. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- For each serving, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a sauté pan or flattop. Toast one pocketless pita on each side in butter.
- Place two leaves of Bibb lettuce and 1/2 cup scoop of chicken salad on toasted pita. Fold over and secure with pick. Serve alongside desired side.
This salad holds well and could be used for boxed lunches or pre-portioned items in appropriate settings.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads