Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce delivers the flavors of aged cayenne pepper, vinegar and garlic to a sauce thickened with toasted corn flour for a gluten free Hispanic inspired sauce.
- Set oven to 350°F. Sprinkle corn flour on a parchment lined sheet tray and toast to a light golden brown.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add toasted corn flour. Stir and cook to make roux. Add cumin, ancho, chipotle, and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add stock, whisking to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Add Buffalo sandwich sauce and heat through. Hold hot for service or refrigerate and reheat for service.
Try this sauce tossed with shredded chicken or pulled pork for sandwiches, burritos and enchiladas.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads