This classic side dish evokes aromatic spices to warm and comfort as the days shorten and the seasons' change.
- Place cabbage in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of salt; mix well and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a wide pot or rondeau, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and fry until just browning.
- Add the cabbage and let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the apple cider, apple cider vinegar, caraway seeds, cinnamon sticks & vanilla.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook until reduced by half.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Great for fall menus or any time of year.
Compliment your pork dishes with this sensational side today!
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 140
- Sodium: 1480 mg
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Protein: 3 g