This sweet and smoky recipe features Stubb's® Smokey Mesquite Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce with the mild flavors of Mexican lager and tequila.
- Mix salt, 1 gallon of water and beans in a large pot and cook over high heat until the water is boiling. Remove beans from the heat and allow them to rest for an hour.
- Remove cilantro leaves from the stems and tie the stems into a bunch with butchers twine.
- Render the bacon over medium high heat until crispy, leaving the fat.
- Cook the jalapeno, onion, poblano and garlic in the bacon fat until they are without color.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the tequila. Cook until most of the tequila is evaporated.
- Add the water, bay leaves, beans, salt, and cilantro stem bundle while still over high heat.
- Transfer to a 275º F oven and cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and cilantro bundle. Add the beer and tomato paste and cook at a simmer until the sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Add in the lime juice and serve with cotija cheese, lime wedges, bacon bits, and chopped cilantro.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 160
- Sodium: 670 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 6 g