- Preheat convection oven to 350°F (conventional oven 375°F). Melt butter in a saucepot over medium heat, once bubbles start to form add the flour. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add milk, whisking consistently. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. When the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, add in the cream cheese, smoked gouda, American cheese, and 4 tablespoons of McCormick Culinary Everything Seasoning. Simmer, stirring consistently, until cheese is completely melted.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese sauce and stir until well combined. Place into half hotel pan or for individual plates, equally divide into 4 oven safe dishes. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 20-25 minutes.
- While mac & cheese is baking, combine French's Crispy Fried Onions and remaining tablespoon of McCormick Culinary Everything Seasoning in a small bowl. Remove mac & cheese from oven and sprinkle with seasoned onions. Bake for an additional few minutes, just until onions begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Create a protein packed entrée by topping the mac and cheese with anything from shredded short ribs to fried chicken, or any protein of your choice.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: North American