Warm, classic cornbread spiked with the spicy heat of Frank's RedHot® Nashville Hot Seasoning, and both fresh and pickled jalapenos.
- 2 cups Cornmeal
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Franks ® Nashville Hot Seasoning
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 4 each Large Eggs
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 2 tbsps Fresh Jalapeno Peppers, diced
- 12 each Sliced Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- Set oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, Frank's RedHot® Nashville Hot Seasoning and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and sour cream.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Add diced jalapenos. Mix until well blended.
- Grease 13x9-inch baking pan. Pour batter in pan, leveling with a spatula.
- Top cornbread batter evenly with sliced jalapenos.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 476
- Sodium: 224
- Carbohydrates: 58
- Protein: 7
- Fiber: 3