This rich and creamy vegetable dish is accented traditionally by nutmeg. The addition of vanilla amplifies the rich sensation of the fondue and the natural sweetness of the sunchokes.
For the Roasted Sunchokes:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine sunchokes with oil and Lawry's Garlic Salt Coarse Ground with Parsley. Toss to coat.
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil. Spread sunchokes evenly and roast in oven for 20 minutes or until golden in color and fork tender.
- Remove from oven and hold hot.
For the Leek Fondue:
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add leeks and shallots and sweat until translucent.
- Dust pan with flour and stir to combine. Cook mixture until just starting to color.
- Whisk in wine and milk, bring to a boil, whisking often to prevent clumping. Reduce to a simmer.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg and pepper. Stir to combine. Add cheese and stir to melt. Adjust seasoning and remove from heat.
- Place 2 ounces of sauce on plate.
- Top with roasted sunchokes.
- Garnish with fresh chives or tarragon.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: European
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 710
- Sodium: 910 mg
- Carbohydrates: 50 mg
- Protein: 42 g