Inspired by the Brazilian classic, these crusty, chewy, cheesy rolls are naturally gluten free thanks to a simple swap of tapioca for wheat flour. This recipe features our new Global Blends Za’atar Seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray two 24-count mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Heat milk and butter in a medium sauce pan. Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Transfer hot liquid to the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment. Add tapioca flour and mix on medium-low speed until mixture is smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Add halloumi, Za’atar Seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper and stir until well combined. Batter should be thick and sticky.
- Use a #40 scoop to portion batter into greased muffin tin. Sprinkle with extra Za’atar Seasoning and Fleur de Sel.
- Bake until crusty and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Run a knife around each roll to loosen from the pan before removing. Serve warm.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern