Inspired by the Brazilian classic, these crusty, chewy, cheesy rolls are naturally gluten free thanks to a simple swap of tapioca for wheat flour. This recipe features our new Global Blends Za’atar Seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray two 24-count mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Heat milk and butter in a medium sauce pan. Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Transfer hot liquid to the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment. Add tapioca flour and mix on medium-low speed until mixture is smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Add halloumi, Za’atar Seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper and stir until well combined. Batter should be thick and sticky.
- Use a #40 scoop to portion batter into greased muffin tin. Sprinkle with extra Za’atar Seasoning and Fleur de Sel.
- Bake until crusty and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Run a knife around each roll to loosen from the pan before removing. Serve warm.
The flavor of these cheese rolls can easily be altered by swapping the Za'atar seasoning for any number of other delicious blends, such as Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern