Hold the tortilla, this "fajita inspired" dish is full of tasty goodness: chipotle, chicken, vegetables and rice, along with the ever-sensational McCormick Culinary Crushed Chipotle and Lawry's Mexican Seasoning (salt free)...it's like taking a meal time trip to the south of the border, without leaving your establishment!
For the Grilled Chicken:
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, 3 tablespoons Mexican seasoning and 2 tablespoons oil. Toss to coat evenly. Grill chicken to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
For the Rice:
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
For the Charred Onions & Peppers:
- In a sauté pan, heat remaining oil over high heat until shimmering. Add peppers and onion, sear until charred.
- Add remaining Lawry's Mexican Seasoning and McCormick Culinary Crushed Chipotle Chile Pepper Flakes, water, lime juice, and lime zest. Cook until peppers are just soft.
For the Assembly, Plating & Garnish:
- Serve chicken and pepper/onion mix over a 1/2 cup of red beans and rice. Top with cilantro.
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls
- Cuisine: America