Southern classic with a Maryland twist, this shrimp and grits recipes includes jumbo lump crab meat and OLD BAY® Hot Sauce for a Chesapeake flavor with a spicy kick.
Smoky Tomato Broth
- Place all ingredients in the pitcher of a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate until service.
- Set oven to 300°. Melt butter in a rondeau over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, slowly whisk in grits. Cook, stirring until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, cover, and bake until creamy, roughly 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and whisk in OLD BAY® Hot Sauce until full incorporated. Hold hot for service.
- For each serving, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Once very hot, add 4 ounces of shrimp. Dust with 1/4 teaspoon of OLD BAY® Seasoning.
- Once shrimp begin to turn pink, flip and add 4 ounces of smoky tomato broth to the pan. Cook until broth has reduced slightly and thickened. Add 2 ounces of crabmeat and swirl into broth to warm through.
- Plate 1 cup of warm grits in desired bowl. Place the shrimp in the center of the grits and spoon the broth and lump crab meat around the edge of the bowl. Garnish with 1 tablespoon slivered scallions. Serve hot.
Garnish with extra OLD BAY® Hot Sauce to amp up the heat!
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls