- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepot, add the shallot and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the red curry paste and cook until aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. While the soup is cooking, season chicken thighs with dry rub and grill over medium heat until internal temperature of 165ºF is reached. Cut chicken into 1/2" pieces and add to soup.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and mushrooms, then return to a simmer for 10 minutes more. Garnish with tomato wedges and fresh cilantro. Serve hot.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls
- Cuisine: Asian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 440
- Sodium: 860 mg
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 25 g