Curating a renewed love of curry across the country, these Curry Reuben Sliders combine McCormick’s classic Curry Powder with a black pepper infused brisket rub, black whole peppercorn created brine and a hot Russian dressing. All of which are contained within the culinary confines of savory slider buns with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
For the Brisket Brine
- Bring water to a boil in large pot. Reduce to a simmer and add all ingredients stirring until dissolved (do not allow mix to settle to bottom of pot). Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place brisket in a non-metallic container and cover with brine ensuring it remains submerged by weighing it down with a sterilized heavy object.
- Check brisket in 8 days by cutting a thick piece (“the point”) in half (look for pink center). This may take up to 10 days.
- Remove when done, wash, and dry.
For the Brisket Rub
- Cut all pieces in half opposite (lengthwise when considering the brisket in its whole state).
- Rub and thoroughly press with spice mixture. Allow to marinate for at least 24 hours.
For Smoking the Brisket
- Smoke at 225°F, 80% humidity, 20% dry, until internal temperature reaches 160°F (3-4 hours).
- Remove smoke and continue to steam until tender (3-5 hours).
- Remove and let cool in fridge.
- Once cooled entirely, slice brisket to desired thickness, portion into 4 even stacks and place individual pieces on parchment.
- Organize stacks evenly and vertically and keep width and length of brisket stacks the same as bread.
- Using a steamer, place stack inside with parchment (5 minutes or until stack is hot throughout).
For Curry Russian Dressing
- Blend ingredients except mayo together until smooth. Then thoroughly mix in blended ingredient into mayo and season to taste.
To Assemble the Curry Reuben Sliders
- Add Swiss cheese on top of each stack (4 sliders) and continue to steam until cheese has melted. While steaming brisket, toast both sides of the buns with unsalted butter.
- On the bottom piece of the buns spread desired amount of curry Russian and place the steamed brisket, cheese, pickles, sauerkraut and top with bun to serve.
Blitz all the spices together for even mixing of rub ingredients. Rub the meat and place in a sealed vacuum pack for 24 hours to evenly distribute marinade and maximize flavor.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America