Bienvenidos to our Mexican inspired nachos! We've got elote, chipotle and corn tortillas in the newest nacho "crunch-n-munch" sensation for one loaded nacho dish of flawless flavor!
For the Elote Topping:
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients until evenly distributed.
For the Chipotle Cheese Sauce:
- Place about 1 inch of water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. In a medium mixing bowl toss cheddar cheese with corn starch. Place overtop of boiling water to set up a double boiler.
- Add heavy cream and stir until cheese is melted and sauce has formed. Add more cream to thin sauce out if needed. Add crushed and ground chipotle pepper, stir until evenly distributed.
For the Nachos & Build:
- Lay 1/3 of blue corn chips in a single layer on the bottom of a heat safe serving platter. Drizzle with 1/3 cheese sauce and 1/3 elote topping. Lay second layer of chips, cheese sauce, and elote topping the same way, then repeat with remaining ingredients.
For the Finish & Garnish:
- Place under a broiler until cheese sauce just begins to brown. Remove from broiler and finish with cotija cheese, scallions, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
The elote topping and chipotle cheese sauce can be made in advance and held appropriately for service; plus they are great atop choice salads and choice proteins
This crunchy munchy Mexican masterpiece makes a shareable plate for eight! (8 servings)
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Mexican
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 430
- Sodium: 480 mg
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Protein: 10 g