Bienvenidos to our Mexican inspired nachos! We've got elote, chipotle and corn tortillas in the newest nacho "crunch-n-munch" sensation for one loaded nacho dish of flawless flavor!
- In a bowl combine corn kernels, mayonnaise, sour cream, red onion, lime juice, salt, chili powder, black pepper, and paprika. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed. Hold refrigerated for service.
Chipotle Cheese Sauce
- Set up pot with water for double boiler and bring to a boil. In a bowl toss cheddar cheese with corn starch. Place overtop boiling water.
- Add heavy cream and stir until cheese has melted and sauce is homogeneous. Add crushed and ground chipotle pepper, stir until evenly distributed. Hold hot for service.
- Set broiler to high. For each serving, lay 1 cup tortilla chips on desired heat proof plate. Drizzle with 1/4 cup cheese sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 cup elote topping. Top with another 1 cup layer of tortilla chips. Top with an additional 1/4 cup cheese sauce and 1/4 cup elote topping.
- Place under a broiler until cheese sauce begins to brown. Remove from broiler and garnish with 2 tablespoons cotija cheese, 1 tablespoon scallions, and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Serve hot.
The elote topping and chipotle cheese sauce are a great addition to salads and entrees as an alternative to nachos!
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Mexican
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 430
- Sodium: 480 mg
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Protein: 10 g