The perfect balance of flavor and heat on a vegetarian wing! Frank's RedHot® Original Buffalo Wing Sauce provides all the craveable flavor patrons love on this alternate appetizer offering.
- Preheat oil to 350F in a large wok, dutch oven, or deep fryer.
- Combine cornstarch, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk until homogenous. Add water and beer and whisk until a smooth batter is formed, adding up to 2 tablespoons additional water if
batter is too thick. It should have the consistency of thin paint and fall off the whisk in thin ribbons that instantly disappear as they hit the surface of the batter in the bowl.
- Add cauliflower to batter. Working one at a time, lift one piece and allow excess batter to drip off. Carefully lower into hot oil. Repeat with remaining cauliflower until wok or fryer is full. Do not crowd pan. (You'll be able to fit about half of the cauliflower in each batch). Fry, using a metal spider or slotted spatula to rotate and agitate pieces as they cook until evenly golden brown and crisp all over, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season immediately with salt. Keep warm while you fry the remaining cauliflower.
- Combine Frank's RedHot® Original Sauce , garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil from fryer in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Toss fried cauliflower with sauce and serve immediately.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, roasted garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, and ground oregano in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American Regional