Fall for the new flavors of cauliflower as Chef Daniel Huber couples his roasted veggie creation with Lawry’s Spicy Buffalo Wings Seasoning Mix. Succulently spiced, this spicy buffalo battered roasted cauliflower with garlic confit and oregano lime cream dip is the best way to heat up your fall menu.
For the Dip:
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, red onion, garlic powder, ground oregano, celery salt, and garlic cloves to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate and let rest for 2 hours.
For the Spicy Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix canola oil with buffalo wings seasoning until dissolved. Add cauliflower florets and toss until evenly coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven. Roast until tender to the bite. Set aside to cool.
For the Batter:
- Meanwhile, sift together the chickpea four, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and seasoning. Whisk in the warm water until blended smoothly. Add the blended pigeon peas into batter, adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Heat deep fryer oil to a temperature between 360ºF and 375ºF. Test oil with a spoonful of batter into heated fryer oil. Batter roasted cauliflower and fry for 2 to 3 minutes depending on size. Drain on paper towel lined baking sheet. Continue to cook in batches.
- Plate and serve with dip.
Slice the tops off of the garlic (reserve for later use), place garlic in water bath in shallow insert, top with a pat of butter (this helps the caramelization process), cover with foil and roast for at least one hour in 350°F oven. Remove, cool and squeeze with hand to extract whole cloves.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American Regional