Diners will go loca for LA LOBA, the hottest cocktail to come out of Miami, Florida’s Loba restaurant. A warm, sweet combination of smoky mescal, passionfruit and pear puree, ginger liqueur, hibiscus syrup, lime, this beautiful behind-the-bar creation is finished with a McCormick Chipotle-seasoned chili lime salt, hibiscus syrup and garnished with thinly sliced limes and mint leaves. Might need more glasses!
For the Chili Lime Salt:
- Combine all ingredients.
For the Hibiscus Syrup:
- In a saucepan, combine 4 oz of hibiscus with 2 cups of water and 2½ cups of sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat.
- Add 2 cloves and let cool, strain out solids.
For the Loba Cocktail:
- Moisten rim of glass and roll it into chili lime salt.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the hibiscus syrup into cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well. Pour into glass and top off hibiscus syrup. (Repeat la loba cocktail recipe 3 more times to serve 4 individual cocktails.)
For Garnish & Serving:
- Shake cocktail into a glass of your choice and garnish with lime wheel and mint leaf.
Hibiscus syrup is great for other cocktails/mocktails; you can even freeze the hibiscus syrup and offer in your in-house made iced tea, then sweetened with the heavenly tastes of hibiscus.
- Recipe type: Beverages
- Cuisine: Latin American